Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shots in the Garden! (May 20-26, 2012)


Daylily (Hemerocallis), not sure of the variety because we inherited these dayliles when we moved in.

Busy bee at work gathering pollen from Cosmos flower

I believe this is a type of coneflower (Echinacea). I don't remember ordering it, but I think it might have grown from a bonus pack of seeds we sowed last year.
Russian Sage (Perovskia atriplicifolia) and bee.

I like the way that Zinnia buds look just before they open.
The front border is filled with bright and cheerful English Marigolds (Calendula officinalis, a.k.a. Pot Marigolds)

Pole bean seedlings (Phaseolus vulgaris, Spanish Musica variety) getting off to a strong and inspiring start.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe your daylily is 'Pardon Me'? Those beans looks good. It is so dry here I've had to water water water....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Tina!

      I think you're right -- according to the mighty Google image search, the daylily does look like it could be the 'Pardon Me' variety! I'm impressed with your Hemerocallis ID skills!!

      Thanks for the compliment on the beans. I've been watering the seedlings every morning. I'm wary of overwatering the garden and trying to limit myself to giving the perennials and established vegetable seedlings (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) a deep soak twice a week, but with the record heat and lack of rain I have been pampering the bean seedlings and some other tiny annual flower seedlings with daily watering.

      Delete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]