Monday, December 31, 2012

Which Garden Bloggers Should I Read in 2013?

A single self-sown lettuce head (appropriately named Marvel of Four Seasons, I believe) among some buffalo grass speaks of the promise of plenty and abundance for the New Year.

I would like to broaden my mind and expand the circle of blogs from which I glean gardening knowledge and inspiration.

As you can see from the sidebar to the right, I've feel lucky to have found nearly 20 admirable gardening bloggers to follow.

But I'm sure there must be other great garden bloggers out there around the country whose insights have been eluding me until now.

So, Dear Reader, please spill the beans: Which garden bloggers would you recommend that I add to my blogroll and my "must read" list for the New Year?

And speaking of that New Year, I hope it is one in which your germination rates are high, your weeds are few, your crops are fruitful and your pollinators abundant.

In short, I hope that 2013 is a wonderful, peaceful and beautiful New Year for you all!

11 comments:

  1. I would absolutely add www.thebritishgardener.com. He's a horticulturalist with an amazing knowledge of plants who was raised in England but lives in VA. I'd also add Gardening with Greggo, Signature Gardens, The View From Federal Twist, Hayefield, Red Dirt Ramblings, Southern Meadows, My Weeds are Very Sorry. These bloggers have gardens/climatic conditions very similar to yours.

    But all of the blogs on my sidebar are wonderful, even if they're different from yours. They all offer a wonderful perspective that I've found enriching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blogs we enjoy the most have something in common with how we garden ourselves - either the same climate, or love of the same plants, or the same style, or even just the same humor. Sometimes, though, everything can be different but a connection can still be made just in shared experiences, or even just from learning from their different gardening style. I also think joining in memes is a good way to find new blogs, too. I have a post now listing a few blogs you might want to check out (I've even linked to you!) :) Happy blog hunting! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for the link! That's so sweet of you :) And I'll try to look at the other blogs you've linked from your post to see if any of them would be a good fit with my sidebar -- and therefore my 'must read' list for 2013!

      Delete
  3. Why, my own, of course! I think it's called "Thoughts and Discoveries about Gardening and Walks with Daisy." It is a mouthful, but I only post about once a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I *should* have your blog in the blogroll. And I promise to add it asap! :)

      Delete
  4. And here's one that I like very much: "Kentucky Native Plant and Wildlife," http://kentuckynativeplantandwildlife.blogspot.com/ It has a wealth of information about both, and the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron. It's nice to "meet" another Tennessee gardener. As you know I'm new to blogging but I already have a list of ideas for my blog. My passion is gardening and I learn something new everyday! I am going to follow your blog and I hope you will consider following mine. Happy New Year and happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I'll definitely try to keep tabs on what you're posting. Hope to see ya around the blogosphere :)

      Delete
  6. Aaron, you might be interested in looking at this site. They are all garden bloggers, but all over the world. I didn't check, but surely there would be some in your zone, maybe even from Tenn.
    http://www.blotanical.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Barbee' :)

      I've checked out Blotanical from time-to-time. Probably should take another look...

      Delete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]