Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Trip Report - London Kew Gardens (2 of 3)


Building on last week's post, here are more highlights from my August visit to Kew...



Many of the bamboo specimens at Kew Gardens looked like they were raring to burst through the black plastic barriers holding them back. This specimen of Fargesia nitida, however, seemed like it would be much better behaved in a garden setting.



Geranium x riversleaianum 'Mavis Simpson'

Usually, I think dwarf Ginkgo biloba cultivars look ridiculous, but I have to admit that this adorable 'Troll' won me over!

Another floriferous border overflowing with Helenium 'Wesergold'

A Japanese gateway adorned with balloon flowers (Platycodon grandiflorus)

Japanese rowan (Sorbus commixta)


Don't miss the final installment of my visit to Kew -- stay in the loop with a free email subscription to Garden of Aaron.